October visit in Barcelona’s famous Gothic quarter
In today’s post I would like to give you an idea for a short weekend autumn trip in Europe. With Halloween coming close, going to Barcelona’s Gothic quarter is a great idea. You can enjoy the city’s streets and history, as well as visit the famous cathedral.
Reasons to visit Barcelona in autumn
You should visit this city during autumn season, because:
- weather is great – not too hot as in the summer but still warm enough to walk around
- flights will be cheaper off-season as beach tourists are already home
- Halloween is in October and you can see the Gothic quarter to get you in a spooky mood
- you can see Gaudi’s masterpieces
- food in Barcelona is great – make sure to try their churros
- Barcelona is a great city any time of year
If you’re still not convinced, check out our gallery from our October visit in Barcelona:
Have you seen the Gothic cathedral in Barcelona and the small Gothic streets? Share and comment below!