Taking some nice photos of the famous Belogradchik rocks in not the only nice thing you can do in the region. Actually, there is much more to see and do around this place. Here are just few of the things we would recommend during your stay at Belogradchik and Vidin area.
- Hiking and biking. With some great off-road paths this region is definitely a joy for hikers and mountain-bike lovers. What’s more – the local Adventure center offers organized tours with e-bikes that also include sightseeing and wine testing (yes, that is correct – Bike and Wine, what a combination that is).
- Hot air balloon. That is relatively a new one. Belogradchik visitors can enjoy some amazing 360-views of the region with a hot air balloon.
- Driving an off-road vehicle. No matter if you want to ride a buggy or just take a “Safari” tour in a truck – that is also possible in Belogradchik.
- Visit local villages and taste food and drinks. There some great places where you can enjoy tasty food and drinks. We would definitely recommend you to check the menu at “Pri Ivan” restaurant where you can also enjoy an outdoor pool.
- Visit Vidin. That is something you should definitely do if you are in the region. The biggest city in this part of Bulgaria Vidin is a must visit place for tourists. With some of the best restaurants and historical buildings and monuments this city will make you want to come back again. Some of the points of interest there include the Baba Vida fortress situated on the bank of the Danube river, Stambol Kapiya, the Synagogue and probably the Danube bridge which is the biggest one crossing this river (it is really massive).
- Visit Magura cave. One of the biggest and probably most interesting caves in Bulgaria which you should definitely visit. It just some 30 minutes drive from Belogradchik but you will need at least 1-2 hours to take a nice look at this huge cave which was once occupied by local tribes.
Well, these are just some of the things you can do while in Belogradchik. Definitely an interesting place with lots of options for a short holiday.
If you need more info and advice how to plan your trip in Bulgaria – contact Doly Travel Club and their associates will be happy to help.