Sunny Saturday in Borovets, Bulgaria
Borovets – one of the most popular ski resorts in Bulgaria and on the Balkans
Borovets is probably the oldest winter resort in Bulgaria and in recent years it got popular as one of the best ski locations in the region. Together with Bansko and Pamporvo it forms the premium winter resort trio in Bulgaria.
Today, we are sharing some photos from Borovets taken last weekend during our walk there. The weather was wonderful so huge crowds headed to the lifts and the mountain winter spirit was on a very good level:
Borovets is located just 70 km from Bulgaria’s capital Sofia so if you are in the region doing your business, you can easily take short drive to the resort and enjoy some the snowy hills (in the winter).
Things to do in Borovets:
- Hike (beware of the rough weather conditions in the winter)
- Take short walk – clean air
- Ski and snowboard – pretty good tracks
- Relax – spa hotels with spa facilities, including large indoor pools
- Try Bulgarian food – taste the typical Bulgarian recipes directly from the locals
- Mountain bike (preferably in the summer)
- Bar crawling
Borovets region – video
If interested in sky you better check the available accommodation for Bansko ski world cup 2019 – 2021.
And if you not the winter type of person, we would recommend you to check the best shopping malls in Sofia.